A boiler is a necessity for households in the United Kingdom. Due to the cold weather conditions, it is impossible to survive without a boiler. In the past, people bought a separate central heating system and a separate domestic hot water system. But today you can both the systems in a single unit. That single unit is known as the Combination Boiler which is short has gained popularity by the name combi boiler.
There are a number of companies in the United Kingdom that manufacture and supply combi boilers. Each has a distinct feature added to their combi boiler to make it stand out from the rest. You must choose the combi boiler that suits your household and comes within your price range. The combi boiler has a lot of advantages but like all appliances, it also has some drawbacks. Some of the advantages and the disadvantages are mentioned below.
Benefits of Combi Boilers
Once you install a combi boiler you will find out that it provides you with a lot of perks that would suit your needs entirely. Some of the advantages are;
- If you are a low-income household and aim to keep your house warm but at the same time want your utility bills to be low as well then combi boilers are the best ones for you. They are high energy efficient and reduce your annual utility bill by 15 %.
- The boiler is more popular among households that are smaller in size because such houses have less space. This is why the combi boiler comes in handy. Unlike the traditional old conventional heating system and water tanks, these boilers can easily fit into your kitchen cupboard.
- When using conventional hot water tanks you have to wait for the water to heat up but in the case of combi boilers, the wait is over. You can instantly get hot water without any delay. Just open the tap and there you would have it.
- If you want to get a better control over your temperature or want to keep different zones of temperatures in different areas of the house then you can use multiple combi boilers. These boilers would be interconnected and would help one another work more efficiently. Just like that users can use multiple boilers to get hot water in more than one washroom.
Drawbacks of Combi Boilers
Just like all electronic combi boilers also have some drawbacks as we all know that nothing is perfect. Everything has some kind of flaws, some of the flaws seen in the combi boilers are listed below;
- When it comes to the flow of water, the conventional tanks provide much greater flow as compared to the combi boilers. As the boilers have to heat the water at that very moment this reduces the flow rate of the water running through your taps.
- It also has a requirement that overall power ratings must match peak heating requirements
- When on demand the amount of hot water is limited
- The design of the combi boiler must match the water supply pressure in order to work efficiently.
For more information please visite www.combiboiler.co.uk